Monday, November 18, 2013

Submit to the Dark Side (Review)

"What does it take to make her cream, to make her moan and writhe in ecstasy in her office floor? What turns him on to the point that he is willing to step out of his comfort zone to try something he didn't even know he was into? What makes a woman risk the wrath of a jealous wife just to attain satisfaction? Only one thing can drive a person, man or woman, big or small to do things that they ordinarily do: a body-rocking, earth shattering, dripping, wet orgasm.

"Lorraine, Maelee, Tera, Dawna, Cherica, Damian, Chantal, and Markette all find themselves in hot pursuit of their lovers' intimate affection and carnal attention but the only way they can attain such is after letting their inhibitions slip away into vulnerability. In each southern city contained within Submit to The Dark Side we find our cast of characters enthralled in either a new or budding sexual relationships where ultimate submission is what they must each bring to the table to please and be pleased in this collection of off the beaten path short stories and flash scenes."

--------------------------------

I had the opportunity recently to read a collection of short stories titled "Submit to the Dark Side: Stories to Explain the Stains: First Tease" by La Drama Princess featuring Devon Diamond and Strawberry Golden.

At first, I didn't know what to expect. But the forward to the book makes it pretty clear that it's a collection of unrelated short stories about submission. A subject that I've only touched on in my own erotic writing.

The stories are to the point in both their common theme of submission as well as the sexual encounters of the characters. I was particularly engaged by the writing of La Drama Princess who describes her writing as "erotic fiction featuring straight and LBGT characters of the African Diaspora."

This caused me to reflect on my own writing where, as I've said in another post, I limit character descriptions to first names and somewhat vague descriptions of body types. I have never considered the ethnicity of my characters beyond maybe describing one or two as "exotic." La Drama Princess painted pictures in my mind of her characters, beautiful men and women of African descent with differing and realistic body types (apart from generous descriptions of the mens' penises, another area that I keep vague in my own writing).

La Drama Princess goes to some dark places with stories of ambiguous consent that get turned around into the "victim" taking charge of the situation for her own pleasure. She explores infidelity, prostitution (although subtly) and experimentation in lesbianism.

All of the writing in this book is descriptive and arousing, that's the point, and includes interesting settings and scenarios for the characters.

1 comment:

  1. An excellent review - especially because you admit to the book helping your own writing style! I love that, and thank you for sharing it! I wish the author many successes!

    ReplyDelete